Thursday, August 30, 2012

Loosen your tie

This is about pride, actually a false sense of pride.

Listen to The Beatles, Hey Jude - especially to this text:

“Any time you feel the pain, refrain, don't carry the world upon you shoulders. For well you know that it's a fool, who plays it cool, by making his world a little colder”.

Nobody wants to admit to making a mistake, to being proud. I wrote about the false sense of pride, because in reality it is a disguise of other feelings. Mostly anger. When you don't like someone you want to distance yourself from them. This gives rise to anger and hatred. The ignorance makes us feel we are better then the other person, makes us feel that we are right, they are wrong. Here pride kicks in. Not long ago I understood this and humbly held out my hand to those that for some reason I decided to push aside. I apologized for my anger and I feel better. Especially that I sincerely wanted to do that.

I wish there was no pride. Some side observers were very surprised that I'm saying sorry to the 'enemy', that I am giving up and showing weakness. My experience is the opposite, I feel liberated and strength. I wish there was no pride, it only causes pain. I wish people didn't ignore each other and I wish that the feeling of attachment to someone or something was free of greed. Sometimes giving freedom means feeling the other side's happiness.

1 comment: